Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Any info about Pro Monitor 115?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kurtl100's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I have a pair of Pro monitor 115. i bought them new in 1992.
    Any comment or information about this line of speakers?(Carbon fiber cone, titanium/polymide dome tweeter)
    Anyone has the black small sales catalog?, i lost it and like to have it sacanned.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm amazed noone said anything yet....This is NOT

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm amazed noone said anything yet....This is NOT Altec Lansing this board is dedicated to. This is the JUNK Sparkomatic built when the real Altec sold it's name "Altec Lansing - Consumer Products"....Which is not Altec/Lansing Technologies...mainly builds computer speakers and sound boards.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cclark65's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's true that the board is for original Altec stuff, but you know, some of those speakers didn't sound too bad. And if we are nice to him, maybe we can guide him to getting some of the type of stuff that we do talk about on this board.

    A while back I chastised somebody for posting what I thought was for the wrong type of equipment, but I have since figured out that they are potential Altec fans, just like we are. Maybe they don't know about the older stuff, maybe they are just getting into it! If they are, then the person should be welcomed, and guided in what we think is the right direction.

    By the way, I happen to have a set of model 83's that I really like.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member dhook17322's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good point.
    Interesting thing - I talked to a sales guy for the "new" Altec a while back and he claimed that "they" had a catastrophic fire and the company abandoned the pro-sound business! Are their sales guys that stupid or just proficient liars? I suspect the latter as most sales types will tell you anything to get rid of you - sad testimony on the company as well.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They were Liars.....The Altec Pro and the "New" Altec were completely different companies. Altec Pro was owned by Mark IV enterprices and EV. The "New" Altec was owned by Sparkomatic. The Origional Altec line was later dropped.

    I've listened to the "New" Altec home speakers when they first came out in the mid 80's....Sorry, but I did NOT like the Sound at all. About as good as Polk speakers (which I've never liked either).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.